Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pricey R15!

It’s getting to be a R15 blog this!!! But then, it’s also the most exciting bike to hit our side of the world in a long time, so please bear with me…

Just read and confirmed that the R15 will cost almost a lakh rupees! I honestly never thought the ‘1,00,000’ figure would feel so daunting, but it is. I was almost sure, without having even ridden it that I would buy one.
But now… I am not sure. But the thing is, even with such a huge price, I haven’t completely written it off; I am still considering it. And I am sure, once I ride it, if the R15 even comes close to my expectations, I will surely buy it!
And I am praying that it does, because as much as my weak memory permits me, I can’t think of any other bike which has raised such aspiration and got the butterflies in my tummy going hysterical, like the R15.
Sure, there have been more powerful, better looking and better performing motorcycles before. But, all have most certainly been out of bounds, for their price, of course.
But the R15, even with such a gargantuan of an Rs 1 lakh price tag, seems manageable; it is a huge stretch of course, but still feels attainable all the same. And that’s down to the motorcycle fluid running along my bloodstream more than anything else. Right now, feeding my dog, child or even my wife (and indulging her), isn’t even on my mind!
But, ‘how do I get the Rs lakh – personal loan, auto loan, call dad, rob’ certainly is.
Another question that’s haunting my mind, is how many will Yamaha sell? Not many would be my bet. But few others think, thanks to the R15 being a one of its kind product, it will find a lot of takers.
So I quizzed them about the RTR coming in with race kits, and packing in almost the same horsepower ratings? And the answer: “It doesn’t have the styling or the road presence of the R15, and such bikes sell on styling.” ????
A pot of rubbish, I think.
I should be riding the bike in a few weeks time. And then, I am sure, will begin a mad rush to get my finances in order.

Get yours too, just in case…

No comments: